Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Saw the movie Eat Pray Love this week-end.  I am not going to post a review of the movie, but just wanted to comment on one scene in the movie that stuck with me.  It was when Liz (Julia Roberts) was in Italy sitting in a barber shop talking to some locals.  One of the Italian guys was making fun of how Americans don't know how to enjoy doing nothing.  He is so right!  My husband is telling me all the time to relax.  For some reason I feel like I always have to doing something and when I am not doing something I am thinking of what I have to do.  Our idea of doing nothing is coming home after work scarfing down dinner and vegging out in front of the tv.   We don't take the time to enjoy each other's company, linger over a meal or just sit quietly outside.  I felt inspired to do something or nothing.....

So, on my lunch break today I drove to the park down the street and sat outside under the shade of big tree.  I then laid back in the grass and looked up at the big tree with the sun peeking through and took pleasure in doing nothing.  It was very difficult at first as my mind began to start planning out what I needed accomplish at work that afternoon.  But, then I remembered in yoga how we would focus on our breath.  So, I decided to do that,  taking deep breaths in and out.  Soon, 30 minutes had passed and I felt very relaxed.  It was an awesome feeling.  I think I will need to make this a regular thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment