Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nature is Calling

The weather is beautiful today and I tried to take advantage of it as much as I could.  Today for lunch I escaped my office cubicle and had a picnic at the park.
Lunch was a mock chicken salad sandwich, carrots/celery and an orange.  It was so wonderful to sit in the sun, it has been a brutal winter for Texas!  It actually snowed here again just a couple weeks ago....YES, snow in March!  Bringing your lunch to work can be very environmentally friendly.  For one thing you are avoiding all of the garbage that take out can generate.  Notice the cloth napkin, NO trash generated from me!

After work I scarfed down dinner:  leftover beans and rice with sriracha sauce and pumpernickel bread with soy butter.
I couldn't  wait to get back outside again.  My boys scored free passes to see an early screening to Clash of the Titans.....so, I had the house to myself!  But, it was too beautiful to waste it hanging inside the house.  I was going to go to a yoga class, but opted to take one of my three dogs for a walk.  So, off we went.....
There is a track a couple block down the street.....the entire loop is 1.22 miles for just one lap!  It was  a great day for a walk.  I find that I just have sooo much more energy this time of year.  I found myself skipping and singing out loud with my ipod.
The sun is going down, better head back home.  I hope you were able to find some time to enjoy nature today.

No comments:

Post a Comment