Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eve

To conserve energy for both me and the planet I am trying to go to the store bi-weekly.  Since I did a big shop last week-end at Whole Foods (you don't want to know the bill) I was going to try to make it without having to go to the store this week-end.  However, tomorrow is Easter and we are going to a potluck dinner.  So, I had to make another trip for a few things only!  So, here is how my day went:


Started with breakfast.  Had a cup of coffee as I prepared pancakes for my boy and his friend.  After I got them fed I mixed myself up some Amazing Grass with almond milk and ate half a bagel with soy butter and Crofter's fruit spread.


After my boy's friend left we headed out to run errands.  Priority number one was lunch at the park.  There is a great park by Whole Foods, which rationalizes another trip.  So, we stopped for some sandwiches and headed to the park for a picnic.
I had a veggie sandwich with lots of tomatoes and avocados!
When we were done with lunch, my boy played on the playground for a bit and then we walked on some of the park's many trails.
My boy climbing on the slide.


Cool pic of the sun while I was laying in the grass.


Me heading down the trails.....
Wildlife sign....you really do see lots of wildlife on these trails.  In the past we have seen snakes, rabbits, turtles, frogs and many types of birds.  
My boy doing some exploring by the creek.


After the park we headed to Whole Foods to pick up some groceries for the Easter potluck tomorrow.  I am bringing a salad and a vegan cheesecake.  Since, I am the only one in the family that has these dietary restrictions I have to make sure I bring something I can eat.  The salad can be my meal and I don't want to leave out desert.  I have never made a vegan cheesecake before I hope its good!


Dinner was my Pei Wei leftover from lunch yesterday....sorry, no pic.  The oven timer just went off for my cheesecake, gotta run.



No comments:

Post a Comment